- Under direction of the Maintenance Manager
- Directs the planned workflow of all work shifts engaged in the servicing, repair, and maintenance of all Salmon Companies equipment assigned to the Terminal.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager by providing immediate tactical supervision, technical guidance, and instructions to Technicians on a day-to-day basis.
- Using Shop Planner, schedules all PM's, work assignments, and follow-up repairs to ensure a timely and continuous flow of work through the shop on a weekly basis.
- Continually reports work progress and problems that will impair 100% completion of the Weekly Work Plan to the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensures proper completion, utilization, and maintenance of work orders, activity logs, fuel sheets, and other records in the TMT database.
- Plans, schedules, oversee, and monitor all preventive maintenance work and perform random quality assurance audits.
- Works in conjunction with the Parts Clerk to ensure a proper supply of parts and material to meet the Weekly Work Plan. Ensures that cores and unused parts are returned to the parts room or disposed of properly.
- Ensures adherence to Weekly Shop Plan, shop procedures, work standards, safe work practices, and standard industry recommended maintenance practices.
- Monitors the condition of fixed assets and recommends repairs when needed.
- Works in conjunction with the Salmon Companies Corporate Warranty Administrator to capture the maximum benefit on warranty claims.
- High School education or equivalent
- Possesses an A-Class CDL and a safe driving record
- Minimum18 years of age
- Minimum 8 years HD truck/trailer repair experience
- Master diagnostic/troubleshooting skills
- Federal Brake Inspector Certification
- Federal Vehicle Inspector Certification
- ASE Master HD-Truck Certification
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- Proven skills in verbal/written communications
- Advanced computer entry skills