Road Call Service Technician
- This position is responsible for supporting Salmon's Fleet Services office to coordinate repairs on any type of Company equipment being serviced or repaired outside of a Salmon facility.
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedule may be subject to change in order to meet Company needs/business requirements. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnoses equipment failure problems quickly, using information provided by drivers or other employees, forwarding information to equipment operators and repair vendors.
- Coordinates arrangements for equipment repair by telephone to the driver and designated vendor while simultaneously keying data into the Company computer system.
- Coordinates equipment recovery in cases of accidents with employees, recovery vendors and local law enforcement agencies.
- Utilizes wide-range knowledge of nationwide geographic locations with the ability to effectively communicate.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four years previous heavy truck mechanical experience with the following systems: Cummins, Detroit and Cat engine systems, Eaton Fuller or Meritor Transmissions, Freightliner and Navistar electrical systems and FMVSR 121 air systems.
- Possess two years fleet maintenance supervisory experience.
- Possess knowledge of Departmental of Transportation Safety Standards for repairs, out of service conditions, Hours of Service, and accidents.
- Possess good communication and organization skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Exhibits strong computer experience.