- Overall efficient and effective operations regarding field personnel and services.
- Ensuring all pickup and delivery commitments are completed in accordance with Salmon Companies guidelines, customer expectations and government regulations.
- Managing computer dispatch systems and ensuring safe, efficient and timely handling and transportation of all customer transportation services.
- Identifying opportunities for growth within existing customer base and new customer accounts.
- Supervising staff consisting of drivers and administrative personnel.
- Hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff
- Assigning work, setting completion dates, reviewing work, and managing performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Ensuring driver compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and Company safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitating resolution of all over the road breakdowns, accidents, weather delays and any route exceptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- EOE / AA / M / F / VET / DISABILITY
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles and concepts in function or business area.
- An advanced understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Ability to perform dispatch, scheduling and routing functions.
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control.
- Understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to document processes, research and resolve issues.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, Outlook
- BS/BA is preferred as is 3-5 years' experience in related field, including at least one year of supervisory experience.