EOE / AA
- Will be responsible for managing, directing, and implementing operational strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the terminals goals.
- Focuses for short-term goals are on-time delivery, quality, meeting budget objectives, and employee relations.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Direct preparation of directives to area, outlining policy, program, or operational changes to be implemented
- Participate in the introduction and implementation of new operational systems and goals.
- Review analyses activities, cost and operations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of area to attain goals and objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and projections for terminal.
- Establish and maintain strong communication with terminal staff and postal facilities.
- Manage the terminal operations in relation to quality, safety, maintenance and customer service.
- Five- (5) years prior management experience in transportation (or combined experience/educational equivalent).
- Proven skills in verbal/written communication, employee relations, organization, and training.
- Willingness and ability to motivate people, manage independently, follow policies/procedures, treat employees consistently fair, and embrace change on a regular basis.
- General understanding of budgetary matters.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with solutions oriented approach.
- Ability to make decisions while equally balancing Customer Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction, and Profitabili