Class C Mechanic
- Under direct supervision, performs routine servicing and basic mechanical repairs and maintenance on Salmon Companies vehicles, maintenance equipment, and tools; performs related work as required.
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks and basic mechanical repairs on Company vehicles and equipment including PM services, minor electrical repairs, and routine parts replacement.
- Inspects vehicles, and tools and equipment on a scheduled basis; makes minor repairs and adjustments and reports other necessary repairs to supervisors for appropriate attention.
- Lubricates vehicles and equipment per assigned schedule.
- Performs routine tire maintenance including inflation checks, rotations, and replacements.
- Replaces and installs accessories, such as mirrors, wipers, and lights.
- Completes maintenance forms and service records to include computer entry where applicable.
- Transports parts and equipment when necessary.
- Assists B-Mechanics with heavy repair work.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in garage and equipment yard.
- Assists with stocking and ordering parts.
- Helps pick up and deliver vehicles for service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess basic computer entry skills.
- Knowledge of basic methods of servicing HD trucks/trailers, automobiles, or construction equipment.
- Knowledge of lubricants and fuel and their proper use.
- Must possess own tools.
- Willingness to work alternative shifts as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Six months to one year maintenance experience.