Class A Mechanic
Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedule may be subject to change in order to meet Company needs/business requirements. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager or Shop Foreman by providing immediate supervision, technical guidance, and instruction to mechanical and service personnel upon request.
- Performs the most complex troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance tasks at the facility.
- Oversees and monitors preventive maintenance work and performs quality assurance audits.
- Conducts or oversees the road testing of complex or safety-related repairs.
- Keeps accurate records to meet all DOT requirements for record keeping.
- Must be able to perform all tasks assigned to a B-Class Mechanic.
- Performs computer-related functions that allow for data input and retrieval.
- Oversees preventive maintenance, quality assurance, and safety programs.
- Teamwork is required for proper job performance.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess basic computer entry skills.
- Knowledge of advanced methods of servicing HD trucks/trailers.
- Knowledge of operation, diagnosis, and repair of class 8 diesel powered trucks, including engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, cooling systems, air brake systems, steering systems, and suspension systems.
- Possess master level diagnostic/troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess own tools.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Four years experience in HD truck/trailer repair.
- Must possess an A Class CDL and a safe driving record